Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Outdoors Certificate
Sorry, class is either full or not currently offered—join our waitlist to be notified by email when it's available again!Notify me!
The D.E.I. Outdoors Certification Program will allow for a space of discovery and action as we look at challenges to creating diversity, equity, and inclusion in outdoor education, recreation, industry and in group facilitation. Participants will gain tangible action steps, techniques, and tools they might implement in their own organization to move the needle of social justice forward, and deepen their facilitation practice.
During this six-week virtual course, participants will learn:
- How to build a culture of learning and discovery in organizations and outdoor spaces
- How diversity, equity, and inclusion are being enabled and blocked in outdoor spaces
- What action steps to take in an organization to create a more welcoming context
- How to uncover and navigate bias
- De-escalation training practices
- Marketing, product development, and messaging related to outdoor industries
- Topics related to BIPOC history, Land Acknowledgement, and LGBTQIA+ in the outdoors
- A historical perspective on Social Justice in the outdoors
- And more!
The course meets virtually on Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm for six weeks, starting on October 13th. The sessions on October 27th and November 10th will be asynchronous.