Effective Business Communications
Sorry, class is either full or not currently offered—join our waitlist to be notified by email when it's available again!Notify me!
Manage your messages in a 24x7 information overload business world.
Now more than ever we face continuous business communication opportunities - whether a phone call, text, Tweet, blog, email, video, post or teleconference, it's seemingly endless information overload 24x7. Your company brand, along with your own personal brand as a professional depends on clear, concise, correct, courteous, complete, coherent and concrete communications—the 7 Cs!
This engaging half-day program explores why effective business communication is essential to the success of all employees, from front-line staff to C-suite. With an interactive learning approach, participants are offered an opportunity to consider their own communication style, as well as the styles of others. The results are increased self-awareness and flexible, new approaches to improve business communication outcomes and relationships.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe the communication process
- Review and discuss impact of non-verbal and verbal communication on message outcomes when building rapport
- Compare and contrast the multitude of written communication vehicles in today's business environment with emphasis on social media
- Review the four Work Communication Styles: Expressive, Amiable, Driver and Analytical and assess personal work style preference
- Reflect on work style preference and how best to leverage to increase message intent
- Identify personal business communication "brand" and alignment with company brand
- Explore and compare differences in communicating across generations, cultures, external vs. internal customers, and what to consider with each to increase effectiveness
- Introduce and apply the 7 Cs of written communication
- Identify barriers to effective listening
- Introduce elements of active listening and how active listening positively influences results
- Define and apply attending and following skills with feedback
- Demonstrate both active listening and attending skills in work role play scenarios with feedback
Who should attend? Anyone from front-line employees to C-suite leadership who wish to increase effectiveness of their business communications through self-awareness of work style, personal brand, listening and non-verbal