Leadership DEI MODULE I AWARENESS: Identity & Cultural Discovery Through the Cycle of Socialization
Sorry, class is either full or not currently offered—join our waitlist to be notified by email when it's available again!Notify me!
The certificate begins with training on cultural humility and its broad tenets for tangible self & cultural awareness. Focus is placed on self & cultural discovery, selected aspects of our country’s history that emphasized division, inequality, and inequity through both policy and practice. This will be important to understand better some of the roots of structural racism, prejudice, bias, and injustice in the U.S.
Additionally, addressing some of the ways that, through laws and policies at the federal government, the country sought to mitigate these historical practices, which contribute to false narratives and lack of buy-in for the need for effective DEI efforts in current day business practice.
OUTCOMES: Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes Acquired:
- Introductions and Program overview
- Knowledge of the Cultural Humility Philosophy and its impact on business policy & practice
- Enhanced understanding of DEI and what it means for leadership
- Identity terminology and concept discussion
- Openness and curious attitude toward understanding historical systems of injustices/oppression that influence work team dynamics