Recovery Coach Academy
Sorry, class is either full or not currently offered—join our waitlist to be notified by email when it's available again!Notify me!
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen and ask questions.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Meet the trainer:
Linda Sarage has been in recovery for over 35 years and is a passionate advocate for the peer recovery movement. Linda is the former director of the RECOVER Project, a peer recovery support center in Greenfield, MA. Under her direction the RECOVER Project achieved local, state and national attention for its peer-participatory, trauma –informed approach to recovery from alcohol and drug addiction. Linda has supported recovery coaching statewide as a consultant with MA/DPH Bureau of Substance Addiction Services. Additionally, she played a key role in the development of BSAS’s Supervisors of Recovery Coach learning cycle. As a core trainer for the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR), the developers of the Recovery Coach Academy and other trainings to support recovery coaching, Ms Sarage is a seasoned Recovery Coach Academy facilitator. Currently, she provides technical assistance to recovery community organizations locally and nationally. She is the director of the Addiction Recovery Coach Certificate program at Westfield State University.